Sunday, March 26, 2017

Luke at 13 and 14 months

Luke is growing up so fast.  I keep trying to post monthly updates about his development, but the time is flying by and I just can't seem to keep up.  Here are some things about our wild man these days:

  • Luke is definitely becoming more "boy".  He loves to whack things and some of his favorite toys are golf clubs, hammers, and anything that resembles a stick.  He also loves balls and throwing things.  One of his new favorite things to do is throw things down the stairs.
  • He is still a major mama's boy, and I love it.  He still snuggles with me all the time and gets jealous if he sees the girls sitting on my lap.  He will climb up and snuggle into my shoulder and push his sister's head away.
  • Luke loves to point at things and grunt.  We keep trying to teach him words, but he only says: bye-bye, hi, and ball.  He can mimic a few animal sounds like: fish, wolf, sheep, and cow.
  • Luke loves to be outside.  Since the weather has been warming up he stands by the window and points outside.  He is so content when we go for walks.  He like playing with the tricycle and car in the front yard, but lately he keeps trying to go in the street.  Although he loves to be outside, it's not easy to let him out because he requires constant watching.  He tries to eat rocks, sticks, and dirt.  And he wanders off down the sidewalk exploring the world.
  • Luke is becoming a pickier eater.  If he doesn't like something we put on his tray, he will look us in the eye and drop it on the floor.  He loves to eat meat, but he refuses most types of bread.  He loves cookies and sweets and constantly walks to the cookie cupboard and points and grunts.  (He loves the free cookie he gets at the grocery store.)
  • Luke loves playing chase and starts laughing whenever I say "I'm gonna get you".  He tries to run away, but usually gets so excited he falls over.  He's just barely learning to run, so it's super cute to watch him.
  • This is the face you make when you know you're a hottie!  (I love this pictures.)
Luke is still such a sweetheart and such a happy guy.  The other day I was frustrated with all the tantrums Aspen has been throwing and I sat the girls down and asked "who cries the least in the family?"  They said "Luke".  I went on to explain that because he is a baby he should be the one to cry the most, but he cries far less than either of his sisters.  He's just such a cute and fun little guy and we love him so much.

No comments: