- Aspen still isn't very interested in academic learning, but she loves going to preschool with her friends. She loves singing and learning new songs. She knows her colors, shapes, and about half the ABC's.
- Aspen loves playing with Sophie. They run around playing pretend all day. It cracks me up to hear the things they imagine. But she usually ends up killing off her parents. She always throws in a "but my mom and dad are dead" into each story line. She loves playing "family" (which I find it interesting they all call it "family" because growing up we called it "house") the most.
- Aspen is very into getting her hair done and wearing clothes. I'm a little worried about what this will mean for her teenage years if she's doing it this young. But she frequently asks me "does this dress make me look pretty?" I always tell her that she's always beautiful and it doesn't matter what she wears.
- She has also come a long way with her crying and tantrums. Of course she still has her moments, but overall she's become so much happier and more pleasant. I'm so proud of her progress and the way she is learning to use her words to get what she wants.
- Aspen is a good helper and likes to set the table and do other chores around the house. I need to be better about finding things for her to do because she's getting more and more capable.
- She loves her little brother, Luke. In fact she loves him so much that I constantly have to remind her to leave him alone and quit smothering him. She also loves to steal whatever toy he is playing with. But Luke is getting better about defending himself against Aspen and will whack her with golf clubs and pull her hair if she's being mean to him. The other day Luke was beating up on Aspen and she looked like she was about to slug him in the face, but she restrained herself and I was so proud of her.
- Aspen is my active child and moves quickly. If I tell her we are going to Grandma's house or something she's in the car in 10 seconds. She doesn't even let me finish saying that we aren't going until dinner time.
- She loves to talk and talk and talk. A lot of the time she doesn't even make sense, but still feels like she has to say something. This leads to a lot of laughing. She says the silliest things and makes everyone laugh. If I'm on the phone she also has to get out one of her toy phones and follow me around mimicking everything I am saying.
- Aspen loves to cuddle. She's constantly climbing on me and trying to sit on my lap. But she never sits still. It's hard to cuddle with such a wiggly thing, but it's sure cute she wants to be near me so much. She also loves to rough house and have me tickle her.
We love Aspen so much and life would be dull without her. My family is always saying she's crazy, and that's just the way we like her.






No comments:
Post a Comment