I spent the majority of my recent posts updating everyone on the situation with Peter and Jane, but I didn't get much of a chance to talk about my wonderful husband. So I wanted to spend this post explaining how important Isaac's role was throughout this tragic experience.
A few weeks ago when I first realized something was wrong with my pregnancy I immediately called Isaac. He quickly responded by calling my OB doctor and getting everything set up at the clinic and hospital. He left his school rotation to meet me at the doctor's office, and after that moment he rarely left my side. Because of his responsiveness we were able to be helped by the medical staff instantly and everything possible was done to try and save our sweet babies.
Isaac spent every day with me in the hospital, and he slept by my side every night on an uncomfortable hide-a-bed. I was completely helpless for the two weeks I was on bed rest. Isaac was so patient and supportive of me the whole time. He spent a majority of his time doing dumb things for me that I couldn't do myself. He would put my covers on when I was cold and fold them up when I was cold. He would hand me everything I couldn't reach. He would order my meals from the hospital cafeteria. He would give me back massages almost everyday (sometimes multiple times a day) when my back would be hurting from laying in the same position for so long. He would wake up in the middle of the night when I was concerned about something strange I was feeling. Because Isaac was working in the hospital when I was admitted, he was allowed to come into the operating room for both of my surgeries. He held my hand and strengthened me when I was in pain or scared. And he only complained once that I was crushing his hand as I squeezed it. Just being able to look into his eyes during those surgeries made me know that I could go through anything if he was by my side. He was my biggest source of comfort and support when I would cry. And he still patiently comforts me as I continue to struggle with the loss of our babies.
Isaac was the sweetest dad with our little Peter and Jane. He was by my side as we cried at the loss of our babies. But he was also there to enjoy the precious time we had with them. I am incredibly saddened that I won't be able to see him interact with Peter and Jane on this earth. I know he would have been an amazing father to our twins. I look forward to the day when he will be able to play with our other children and when we will be reunited with Peter and Jane. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband. He has been my strength and support during the most difficult time of my life. I have felt his love stronger than ever before, and I have grown more in love with him each day. I couldn't have asked for a better husband.
4 comments:
'He's one to float the river with' as my dad would say. :D
Excellent tribute to Isaac. You did pretty well yourself. You both endured a very challenging trial in your life and you endured it well. I couldn't be more proud of you.
Dad
We think you're both pretty great. We're glad you have each other.
He is a great guy, and I am glad you both have each other. And I would say he picked a great girl too. Top notch.
Post a Comment