Sunday, May 24, 2020

Sophie is 8 1/2 Years Old

Shortly after I broke my foot, Sophie turned 8 1/2 years old.  Here are some things about Sophie:

  • Sophie is such a sweet girl.  She is always frie
    nds with everyone and wants them to feel included.  She plays with Arie the most often.  But she also likes to have alone time and will often find a place all by herself to read a book.
  • Sophie is such a good student and does really well in school.  She always tells me she doesn't want to go to school, but I think she really does like it and enjoys seeing her friends.
  • Sophie hates having her hair done.  I try to get her to let me do ponytails or braids, but she only likes "straight hair".  So I tease her about letting me to "mustache hair" where I can tie it under her nose.  She acts annoyed at me, but always ends up laughing.
  • Sophie still cries a lot.  We always say that Luke cries the most, then Sophie.  And they both cry way more than Hazel who is a baby.  It drives me nuts.  She just breaks down and can no longer communicate with words.  Unfortunately I have very little patience for this behavior and we often fight about it.
  • And Sophie loves to leave things lying around the house.  If I ask her to put things away, she just moves them to another place that I will get mad at her about a few minutes later.  We are definitely working on that. 
  • Sophie is still playing the flute and sounds really good.  But she doesn't like to practice.
  • Sophie is super creative and still loves crafts and making things.  She often gets all the neighbor kids involved in her projects.

But overall Sophie is such a very good girl.  I love her so much and can't believe she is getting so big.  She will be starting 4th grade in the fall.  It's crazy how it can seem like she was just a baby, and yet feel like such a long time at the same time.

No comments: