Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Park City and Midway Trip

Over Labor Day weekend we went up to Park City and Midway.  We stayed in a little condo in Park City, but spent most of our time in Midway and Heber.

On Saturday morning we went to Swiss Days.  We didn't spend too much time there, just walked around and looked at all the booths where crafts were being sold. 


Then we went to the Homestead Crater to go swimming.  This was a really cool place to swim.  My parents watched Aspen while Isaac, Sophie, Jamie, and I went swimming.  The crater is a natural hot spring that is in a dome about 65 feet deep.  Apparently people used to repel into the cave, but now there is a tunnel that allows you to just walk in.  I am not sure how deep the crater is, but people can get scuba certified in there.  We were just swimming around with life jackets on, but there were people scuba diving below us.  It was a really cool experience.







Later that afternoon we went to ride the Heber Creeper.  Sophie loves trains and was so excited to do this.  She just had the most excited look on her face the whole time.  Our train even got robbed by some bad cowboys, but they ended up giving Sophie a chocolate gold coin.


On Sunday we just went to church and relaxed at the condo.  On Monday we went to Park City Mountain Resort to ride the Alpine Slide.  Sophie wanted to ride the merry-go-round, so she threw a tantrum as I dragged her on the ski lift, but she ended up really having fun going down the slide with Mama and Dada.  I was really nervous taking her on the ski lift.  She kept squirming around and I was paranoid she was going to fall off.  I had a death-grip on her the whole time, but she ended up doing great.

After the Alpine Slide, Isaac went on a bike ride with Jamie and my dad while my mom and I took the girls home for a nap.  Isaac said the ride was really nice.

Aspen was present the whole time on this trip, but she basically slept through everything.  It was nice to spend some time with my parents and Jamie, and we were really grateful for their help with the girls.  It was definitely a different kind of trip than we are used to, but it was a lot of fun.

No comments: