I have been working at my new job for just over 1 month now. For those of you who don't know, I quit my old job at BloodCenter of Wisconsin right before spring break. And I started my new job at GTI Diagnostics immediately after spring break.
I left my job at BloodCenter because I was made a project manager for a business-oriented project. I discovered that I really do enjoy being in the lab, not going to meetings all day. I felt that if I continued down the project management path, there would be no way to turn back and further my scientific career. And although I fulfilled my project management responsibilities well, I was not enjoying what I was doing.
Fortunately I was able to find another great job before quitting my old job. I have been able to transition back into the lab full time. I now develop ELISAs (tests that use antibodies to detect certain things in blood, plasma, and serum) that are then manufactured and sold to diagnostic laboratories. This first month at my new job has been great. I really enjoy the work and have been learning a lot. The people I work with are all very nice and helpful. I am very happy with my change.
No comments:
Post a Comment