Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mountain Biking in Park City

On Friday Isaac and I went on a mountain bike ride in Park City with our families. Everyone was able to come except my mom, Gary and his family (because they weren't in town), and Lacey and Justin.

My dad picked a good ride because it wasn't too difficult for me. It was challenging (you have to remember that I am incredibly out of shape because I live close to sea-level and the steepest "hill" I have climbed in the past years has been going up and down my home stairs), but do-able.

Isaac and I have missed the mountains a lot since moving. It was great to have elevation in our lives again. It is amazing to see how much further you can see when there are mountains around. We really enjoyed the openness and wilderness that Utah offers. Moving out of state has really helped us appreciate the wonderful outdoor opportunities that Utah offers.

1 comment:

Dan n Ash said...

Yeah Utah is pretty much awesome...:) It was nice to see you guys. Maybe when you visit over Christmas we can go skiing or something and sing on the chairlift!